Many people contradict HCG diet for according to them, the weight loss plan does not maintain the weight you can achieve. This is entirely untrue for the diet plan itself is composed of a maintenance stage. After you completed your low calorie diet stage or phase 2, you will proceed with the stabilization or maintenance phase of the diet.
What Is HCG Diet’s Phase 3?
Phase 3 of HCG diet is better known as the maintenance phase of the diet. It is a period of three weeks after you finish taking drops and following a very low calorie diet. The phase is actually very important to set out your new eating habits and keep your diet results consistent. It has been stated that phase 3 serves as your way of making your weight loss treatment stable. Although it is not the most important part of HCG diet, it is a fundamental stage as well. This is the period you have to teach your body to keep on following healthy eating habits.
What You Can Do During Phase 3?
The phase does not require taking HCG drops anymore. You just have to focus on the foods or commodities you consume. Primarily, you no longer have to worry about a very low calorie diet. However, the increasing level of calories you consume every day should be at gradual mode. It is never suggested that you return from 500 to 2000 calories at once.
Moreover, phase 3 allows you to eat any protein you want and big amounts of fat. The things you have to avoid entirely are sugars and starches. Why? This is due to expert findings that prove the quick conversion of starches and sugars to fat.
What Tips Are Applicable on Phase 3?
There are various things you have to remember during the HCG diet stage, such as the following:
- Double your protein intake. It is best to at least have 100 to 125 grams of protein during the phase. This is applicable in your every meal. If ever you encounter deficiency in protein, you should have cheese and steak to eat.
- Never exceed your calorie intake. You should not try to set your calorie level by over 2500 calories. You are the one to identify how much calorie you need every day. Watch the signs and identify your problem foods.
- Learn to adjust. It is probable that during the first four to five days of phase 3, it seems difficult to seek for appetite. However, as days go by, you will be able to enjoy foods again.
- Increase your food intake gradually. Do not stock in many foods at once during the phase. One food at a time is best to prevent negative reactions from your body.
- Understand the difference between carb count and glycemic index. In checking the foods to eat during phase 3, it is best to consider the glycemic index of a commodity than its carb level.
It is best to ascertain that you will maintain your new weight successfully to prevent your HCG diet efforts from being wasted.